ADAA NATIONAL GRAND PRIX 2017
at AELEC, Tamworth, NSW
Friday 29th September until Monday 2nd October 2017
ADAA is an organisation that was formed by Agility Competitors, is run by Agility competitors and is judged by Agility competitors. Our ADAA Judges therefore want to participate in the National Grand Prix, our premium event, each year. In order to facilitate this the Board has decided to review the budget and increase entry fees to facilitate an international judge every year. ADAA is proud to announce that this year we will have two international judges for the National Grand Prix! Tim and Kellie Verrelli, both Masters judges from USDAA, will be in the ring on all four days. Tim was a judge at this year’s IFCS World Agility Championships in Spain.
We have again secured the AELEC under-cover Equine Centre for the ADAA National Grand Prix 2017. For those new to the National Grand Prix, the venue is a HUGE $45 million facility. It is equipped with machinery to prepare the flooring to our requirements. The flooring will obviously not be grass, but a compacted, wetted and rolled clay/dirt mix. There will definitely not be any bindies, mud or 6″ puddles. Machinery will be on hand for touch ups as needed during the day and at night. All three rings will be under the same roof with Ring 1 and 2 in the main arena and Ring 3 in the adjoining smaller arena. Grandstand seating surrounds both arenas and then above that is a concourse level, perfect for viewing all rings. No ringside gazebos to worry about. Dogs can be crated here with you while you watch. If this does not suit you or your dog(s), there are plenty of undercover areas out of the building for your dog’s day camp zone. Results from the events will be displayed and scroll on a large LCD screen for your convenience.
Team selection events for IFCS World Agility Championships, are included. Now held annually, WAC 2018 will be held in Italy.
Entries close 14th July 2017, all details are on the National Grand Prix Notices and Schedule document.
Late Entries must be received by 15th August 2017, view the National Grand Prix Notices and Schedule for all information regarding your entries.
Enquiries – email NGPentries@adaa.com.au
Entries – Entry Form
Have Fun Be a Volunteer!
- Are you travelling to the National Grand Prix to support your family and/or your friends?
- Would you like to recoup some of the expense of going to the National Grand Prix?
- Wondering how to fill in all day, every day?
- Would you like a ring-side seat?
- Would you like to be fully involved?
- Would you like to be a major contributor to the smooth running of the National Grand Prix?
If so, how about volunteering to be a Scribe, Marshall and/or Scorekeeper?
Not only will every competitor appreciate you, but ADAA is willing to pay $200 to any person who volunteers and helps on all four days.
Never been a scribe or scorekeeper? Do not let that put you off as you will have the opportunity to be fully trained before leaving for the National Grand Prix.
On top of all that you will be given regular breaks and have time to wander around and explore the wonderful complex, chat with friends or even just do nothing.
Do not want to commit to all four days? Just let us know what you are prepared to do as every little bit of help ensures the load is spread. Interested? Of course you are!
Email the volunteer coordinator, at NGPvolunteers@adaa.com.au as soon as possible.
Become a sponsor!!
- Competitors can support the National Grand Prix by way of sponsorship (from as low as $10.00!). All sponsors are recognised in the program. Even if you can’t make it to the National Grand Prix, here is one way you can be part of it.
- A Corporate Sponsorship package is available with a range of benefits and inclusions. We would love to hear from anyone who either owns a business or knows of a business that may be willing to take up corporate sponsorship for the National Grand Prix.
- Contact Joanne Pearson, the sponsorship coordinator, NGPsponsorship@adaa.com.au
National Grand Prix 2017 Merchandise
Shirts are available in ladies and mens/unisex and will cost $30.00 each. Information, including sizing, available on the National Grand Prix Notices and Schedule document.
The 2017 Grand Prix polo shirt is from Aussie Pacific. The Tasman polo is a 150gm 100% polyester moisture removal micro-knit, snag resistant easy care fabric. Contrast under collar giving the illusion of a pipped edge, with side panels and highlighted detail on sleeve and placket.
The shirts are navy with a choice of highlight colour, fluoro pink, neon green or white.
- Ladies Polo: http://www.aussiepacific.com.au/lady-tasman-polo
- Men’s Polo: http://www.aussiepacific.com.au/mens-tasman-polo
- Kids’ Polo: http://www.aussiepacific.com.au/kids-tasman-polo
Full information is available on the National Grand Prix Notices and Schedule document.
A copy of the camping layout for AELEC is available:
No campers are permitted to camp or access the venue prior to Thursday 28th September 2017 2.00 pm and/or to remain after Tuesday 3rd October 2017 2.00 pm.
Advanced Catering Services, will be catering for the weekend, which should ensure that you have a stress free weekend. To make life easy and so you do not have to decide months in advance what you will feel like eating, they will run a Snack Bar for the weekend serving from breakfast until dinner time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available as takeaways with the exception of Sunday evening when it is party time!
Sunday Night Party Night Theme: “Super Heroes”
Feel free to dress to the theme or simply come as you are and join in the FUN.