In accordance with ADAA’s ethos promoting international agility, ADAA’s Board of Directors has considered the announcements made by the International Federation Cynologique Sports (IFCS), our governing body, and provides the following updates for members.
The IFCS has suspended use of the Cloth Tunnel. The Collapsible Tunnel is “suspended” from use by ADAA from 30 August 2016, and all ADAA Judges have been advised accordingly.
The IFCS has also released changes to a-frame dimensions and hurdle heights. These have been considered by the ADAA Board and ADAA’s current A-frame height and Regulations will stay in force until the next Agility Regulations are released. Equipment changes (with allowance for a changeover period) will be incorporated into new Agility Regulations, anticipated to be released effective from 1 January 2017
The IFCS has lowered the A-frame to 1700 mm and now has one A-frame height for all height classes of Toy, Mini, Midi and Maxi. The ADAA Board has agreed to follow the lead of the IFCS and will reduce its A-frame height for IP Maxi/Midi dogs (currently 1750mm) to 1700 mm.
The IFCS jump heights are now:
- IFCS Toy – dogs up to and including 300mm – jump 300mm (no change)
- IFCS Mini – up to and including 400mm – jump 400mm (no change)
- IFCS Midi – up to and including 500mm – jump 500mm (previously 550mm)
- IFCS Maxi – no restriction in height – jump 600mm (previously 650mm)
The IFCS has a single programme, whereas ADAA has its International Program and Regular Program, with the Junior and Combined Programs utilising the same equipment specification as the Regular Program. The ADAA Board intends following the new IFCS jump heights for Midi and Maxi with the release of the new Agility Regulations. The heights currently proposed for ADAA are:
- ADAA IPR Toy – up to and including 300mm – jump 250mm (no change)
- ADAA IPR Mini – up to and including 400mm – jump 400mm (no change)
- ADAA IPR Midi – up to and including 500mm – jump 500mm (previously 550mm)
- ADAA IPR Maxi – no restriction in height – jump 600mm (previously 650mm)
- ADAA RPR Toy – up to and including 300mm – jump 150mm (no change)
- ADAA RPR Mini – up to and including 400mm – jump 250mm (no change)
- ADAA RPR Midi – up to and including 500mm – jump 400mm (no change)
- ADAA RPR Maxi – no restriction in height – jump 500mm (previously 550mm)
May you cherish your time and enjoy your training with your dog and achieve your goals.